Welcome to Whipped Cream!
There’s nothing better than billows of sweet, indulgent whipped cream on desserts and coffee drinks… unless it’s freshly made whipped cream that can be flavored with all sorts of other delicious ingredients, from flavored syrups & extracts to cocoa powder. It’s the kind of over-the-top garnish that creates craveability and premium appeal for any dessert-lover, and using the iSi Culinary System (iSi Whippers + iSi cream chargers) makes it easy to make & store, too.
Cream of the Crop
The appeal of fluffy, delicious homemade whipped cream can turn a standard dessert into an irresistible signature dish that will taste as wonderful as it looks!
• Transform pre-purchased, fully prepared desserts like cakes, pie, brownies and more into must-have signature desserts
• Build decadent sundaes and other ice cream confections that will appeal to anyone on your guest list
• Garnish floats, milkshakes, and malts that no one could turn down
• Create specialty coffee toppings and creamy, hot after-dinner drinks to enjoy as a treat for yourself, or with guests at your next dinner party
But wait – iSi Whippers are more than just fresh whipped cream- they are:
• More sanitary than consistently pressing your finger on the tip of an aerosol can
• Hygienic, with a controlled, air-tight system
• High-yield: 5 times what you put in (higher yield = lower cost per serving!)
• Long-lasting: Cream stays fresh for up to 10 days when using fresh ingredients and storing in the refrigerator
• Refillable and environmentally-friendly
• Under Warranty for 2 Years
• Easy to use
Plus, professional, stainless steel iSi Whippers are:
• Dishwasher safe
• NSF certified; HACCP compliant (for restaurant/foodservice use, too!)
Replacing pre-made or canned whipped toppings with fresh whipped cream made in an iSi Whipper allows you to use ingredients you may already have on hand—not just heavy cream, but a whole pantryful of flavors—to create delicious desserts and much, much more, including:
• Light & fluffy whipped cream to top off coffee drinks
• An extra-special treat for indulgent tiramisu or chocolate mousse
• The most important ingredient in strawberry shortcake!
• A filling for donut holes (using iSi Injector tips)
• A topping for freshly made waffles with fruit compote
The versatility of whipped cream is another reason why we love it so much. You can also make it lowfat if you like, and cream is a great base for many sweet & tasty flavorings – you can flavor it in so many ways (sugars, syrups, powders). For us, it just doesn’t get any better than that. Whatever you decide, it’s sure to be delicious and fresh every single time.
The Sweet Stuff
To sweeten your fresh whipped cream, you can use either powdered sugar or regular granulated sugar (powdered sugar dissolves a bit faster). Honey, maple syrup, agave nectar or flavored syrups all work well too. If you’re looking for a lower-calorie alternative, you can use Splenda, Equal or any number of the many Stevia-based sweeteners available.
Monin, maker of gourmet flavors from France since 1912, offers natural syrups including many fun seasonal flavors.
Extracts offer you the ability to add flavor while controlling the amount and type of sweetener used. You can’t go wrong with pure vanilla extract – but other commonly available extracts on your supermarket shelves include almond, lemon, coffee, and rum- just to name a few.
Or, spice it up a bit! Try a savory whipped cream with smoked salt, chili powder, wasabi, or even horseradish to serve with savory dishes like braised short ribs or smoked salmon.
Making Whipped Cream in an iSi Whipper
All iSi Whippers make fresh whipped cream (makes sense – right?). To choose the best iSi Whipper for your needs, visit the products section of our website: http://www.isi.com/us/culinary/
Choose either “Home Use” or “Professional Use” to get started, and you’re on your way to exploring the many varieties of iSi Whippers that you can add to your kitchen, based on the recipes you want to make.
So – let’s get started with making your own fresh whipped cream with an iSi Whipper:
1) First the cream. You can use any kind of heavy whipping cream. We like heavy whipping cream, and use it in most of our iSi recipes because of its lovely taste and texture.
2) Then add any sweeteners and flavorings. Again, use whatever you want: cane sugar, Stevia, honey, agave, maple syrup, or flavored syrups. Just make sure any sweetener is completely dissolved, or particles will clog the release valve of your iSi Whipper. If you prefer, you can also avoid any sweetener because you may find find the taste of cream sweet enough, especially when topping a rich drink or dessert.
3) Make sure to fill your iSi Whipper up no further than the maximum fill line etched on the outside of the bottle. You can also use a measuring cup, like our iSi Basics Flex~it ® flexible silicone measuring cups to pre-measure your ingredients for a half-pint, pint, or quart-sized iSi Whipper. This is an especially good idea when adding flavored syrups as you don’t want to pour in more liquid than the capacity stated on the iSi Whipper’s fill line.
4) Screw on 1 iSi cream charger and shake vigorously until the desired consistency is achieved, typically 3 to 5 times.
Now – test the consistency. Hold the bottle with the tip pointed straight down and press the lever to dispense.
And… voila! Fresh whipped cream! Time to taste your fresh creation!
Storing Your Whipped Cream
You can store the rest of your whipped cream in the refrigerator with the bottle on its side. Remove the decorator tip and wash it by hand, using the cleaning brush included in the original packaging. Remember to recycle your empty iSi cream charger – it’s made of recyclable steel. Your whipped cream will keep fresh and fluffy up to 10 days when stored in the refrigerator!
For any questions on storing, cleaning, or using your iSi Whipper, visit the FAQ section of our website.
Other Recipes for Flavored Whipped Cream
Our online iSi recipe database offers complete access to the many inspiring recipes in our collection – including whipped cream and beyond! You can filter your search by ingredients needed, the type of iSi Whipper you are working with, or even level of difficulty & preparation time.
Signing up for free access to over 800 iSi Recipes is quick and easy –join our online community of iSi fans worldwide: http://www.isi.com/us/culinary/home-edition/recipes/
In the meantime, here is a recipe for something a little “beyond whipped cream” from our Database that you can get started on right away!
A light and fluffy dessert classic
Ingredients for a 0.5 L (~17 fl. oz) iSi Whipper:
400 ml Cream
10 g Instant coffee
24 g Instant hot chocolate
90 ml Cognac
48 g Powdered sugar
Stir all ingredients until well combined and the powder is completely dissolved, then put into a 0.5 L (~17 fl. oz.) iSi Whipper. Screw on 1 iSi cream charger and shake vigorously. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Double the ingredients for a 1 L (~34 fl. oz.) iSi Whipper. Screw on 2 iSi cream chargers one after the other. Shake vigorously after attaching each charger. Halve the ingredients if using a 0.25 L (~8.5 fl. oz.) iSi Whipper.